Thursday, May 14, 2009

Starting Off

First post! Alright!

Now, some of you may know a little bit about my trip already and some of you may know nothing at all. So here I'd like to tell you all about it.

This journey will take me through Italy, France, and England from July 8th through July 26th. (I'll even be there for my 16th birthday, which is on July 21st!) The trip is organized by the People to People Organization, which you probably know nothing about.
The People to People Organization was founded by Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956, and its purpose is to allow students of all ages to travel to knew countries, learn about new cultures, and interact with new people in the hopes of building national friendships and establishing a sense of peace in the world. But you might be thinking, "Why not just travel to those places on your own?" People to People enables ambassadors to do many things such as meet members of Parliament and try out home stays that regular tourists don't have access to.

But what does this all mean for me? Why am I even doing this?
Even before I knew about People to People, I've always loved traveling and have hoped to go abroad in the future after college and before I settle down anywhere.
I never thought I would have this kind of opportunity at fifteen years old.
On this trip, we do so many things that any kid my age would love to do. But it's a very character-building experience as well. We are able to try so many new things and meet many new people, and it requires a lot of preparation, strength, and dedication to do something like this.

Now that you know all about my trip, I'm going to take you even deeper. You'll go behind the scenes and see just where I'm going and what kinds of crazy things I'm doing as I do them. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun Olivia! We think you are really cool for doing this!

    Love,
    T&C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Olivia,
    We hope you have a great time and that the trip is all you hope it will be. We can't wait to hear all about it when you return.
    Love and hugs,
    M & D

    ReplyDelete