I left out a crucial part of my trip in yesterday's post, mostly because it happened on the first day we arrived.
We had gone to the colloseum that day, and when we came back from the bus, a bunch of our groups' carry-ons had been stolen, including one of the leaders' with all of the passports in it and my own!!
I was lucky though, my mom had given me a small bag that I used for the day, and I had most of my money (except for my pounds for England) and my camera and ipod with me, which was good. I only lost my batteries for my camera, some notebooks and books, my medicine, and a few other small things. But I know that some people lost their money, cameras, ipods, gameboys...everything. And we did have to go to the Italian Embassy to have the passports replaced, which took a while.
But I was able to buy a new backpack in Italy and another P2P delegation that was at the end of their trip gave us some money to replace medicine and toiletries that people lost.
And while it wasn't the best experience, I definitely learned that it CAN happen to me, and I (and you!) should never think for a second that it won't.
The rest of the trip has been fabulous though, so don't think I'm not having fun because of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment